Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mix Master Mike TOMORROW @ whiskey bar

Just a reminder, tomorrow night Mix Master Mike is going to be playing at the whiskey bar. He's the legendary DJ from the Beastie Boys, if you didn't know. Its going to be crazy, doors open @ 9pm get there son!


On a separate note, My song for the week for you to check out is Ayla - "Ayla 2010" (Jerome Isma-Ae remix).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46kp5_idoE&feature=related

The original song, Ayla, was one of the first techno/trance songs I'd heard since getting introduced into the genre. Back when Napster first came out and the only way I knew to find dance music was by putting "RAVE" or "TECHNO" into the search engine, this was one of the tracks I burned onto my first Trance CD. I'm sure many of you all were raving back in the day to this song. So its always cool to hear an old classic redone.

The remix is done by one of my favorite progressive house producers, and he does a great job at updating an old classic to today's progressive sound. He also adds a dark mood to it that's original to his style.

That's all I got. Check it out. Till then, SEE YOU TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment